About Bio Alabama
BIO Alabama represents Alabama's bio related industries, research scientists, clinicians and business professionals who are working together to foster, develop and support the life sciences in Alabama. BIO Alabama is the state affiliate in Alabama of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), the preeminent national association for biotechnology companies.
The mission of BIO Alabama is to promote biotechnology innovation by creating a favorable scientific, business and legislative environment that will facilitate the growth of emerging and existing companies while attracting new biotechnology opportunities to Alabama and to increase public awareness regarding the potential impact on quality-of-life and the state’s economy.
BIO Alabama supports biotech companies and professionals
Our events, programs and member benefits are designed to enhance the progress of our industry and our members. Learn more about how we are adding value to our members.
If you are not yet a member of BIO Alabama, you should join us! Become a member today!
BIO Alabama is working hard to raise awareness of the biotech industry within the state
In 2018, BIO Alabama commissioned an industry economic impact study and launched a statewide promotional campaign. The campaign introduced and advanced awareness of the organization and the industry as a whole statewide.
Campaign achievements in the first few months include:
- Successful collaboration between public and private-industry partners statewide including: Department of Commerce, Made in Alabama, Innovation Depot, Hudson Alpha, Southern Research, UAB, UAH, Alabama and Auburn
- Significant increases in traffic to the newly-launched bioalabama.com website
- Increases of 25-50% in social media account followers and engagement rates
- A media push reaching every major market statewide, and resulting in 23+ story pickups showcasing BIO Alabama and the state’s thriving biotech ecosystem
- 625+ views of BIO Alabama’s high-impact :30 second promotional video
“Auburn University’s long time membership in BIO Alabama has made many connections for us, and our students and researchers throughout the State. We strongly support the growth of the biosciences in Alabama and are pleased to help lead that effort with BIO Alabama. ”
- Jan Dowdle Thornton, JD, MBA, CLP, Executive Director Office of Innovation Advancement and Commercialization Auburn University